A Journal of chimeras (brief postings that vanish)

Copyright Mel. White, 2011-2020

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Some questions answered!

From Kathryn Rodman
1: Have you been to Germany or Egypt prior to this trip?I lived in Germany for about 8 years.  My dad was in the Army, and we made two trips here.  I've never been to Egypt.

2: how long was the place ride? (if you were in a plane) 

This time, the trip was about 10 hours nonstop.  I took a sleeping pill so that I would sleep for some of the trip.  My first trip to Germany was when I was 3 years old.  I was on a ship, but I don't remember anything about it.

3: Would you go again? 
You betcha!  I love travel!

4: how different is the food from America and what was your favorite place to eat? 

Here in Germany - not too different.  I think the main thing is that the food isn't quite as sweet, and nobody puts glasses of water on your table (you have to ask for it, and what you get is something like Perrier water.  So far, my favorite place was a Greek/Mediterranean place in Gelnhausen.

5: Did you go to see any pyramids?
Not yet -- I will in two days, though!


6: did you go to any museums if so what was the best thing you saw? 
Not yet!  Next week we will!

7: What was the first thing you noticed was different from America?
The airport!  We didn't roll up to the gate.  Instead, they came for us in buses.

No comments: